Lijah has been spending alot of time with mom out in the backyard while she tried to tame her wild perennial gardens. He enjoys hanging out in his playpen with all of his toys, especially his new chainsaw toy Jason found at the thrift store last week (which is ONLY for cutting down trees, not for hurting people!). Luckily Jasons soon-to-be aunt Celya is an expert gardener and has come over the past few weeks to teach me how to get control of the overgrown madness.
So far, Lijah says dadada, mamamama, and cat consistently. Yesterday I showed him pictures of a dog next to his dog toy and said dog a bunch of times. I saw it click and then he said dog. Other things he has learned to do: wave bye-bye and hello, scrunch his nose up like he is sniffing, roll a ball back when we roll it to him, and crawl up the stairs. I was getting ready one morning while Lijah played with the cats by the front door. I went over to play with him and found him halfway up the stairs! He was on his knees with his arms flailing over his head. Good thing I got there when I did!
He had all 4 front teeth pretty much come in at once, so we had a few rough nights. But he seems happy with his new mouth full of pearly choppers!
Thursday, May 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment